CV Risk Management 2017 Applying the latest insights to clinical care
CV Risk Master ClassApr. 8, 2017 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
This Master Class program is a global initiative of PACE-CME foundation with a particular focus on issues and opportunities in cardiovascular risk and lipid management in high risk patients.
This meeting is for doctors from Argentina only
A case base approach to advanced CV risk management
This CV Risk Master Class will be a dynamic interactive meeting with state of the art lectures, clinical debates, and practical workshops where participants will discuss challenging clinical cases with international and regional experts. Participants will be part of an educational initiative that will provide support to clinicians in their daily clinical management of cardiovascular risk. The program provides an optimal balance between updates in forefront science and clinical dialogue.
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Latin America
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients.
Saturday, April 8, 2017 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
08:30 - 16:30 hrs
Cardiovascular Risk management: Identifying the issues and opportunities
- Cardiovascular Disease: The ongoing journey to manage the risk - John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- Managing CV Risk in Argentina: How well are we doing and where can we improve? - Alberto Lorenzatti, MD, Cordoba, Argentina
- Case discussion 1 - Practical challenges in CV risk management: When to start intervening in CVD? - Alberto Cafferata, MD, Buenos Aires, Argentina
CVD: How will new scientific developments impact our clinical practice?
- Managing lipids: Integrating novel insights with gold standard therapies - Kees Hovingh, MD, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Diabetes and heart disease: Changing trends and treatment options - Robert Chilton, MD, San Antonio, TX, USA
- Case discussion 2 - Practical challenges in CV risk management: Managing risk or risk factors?
- Blood pressure: How do recent trial outcomes impact our hypertension management? - John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- CVD & the kidney: Implications for therapy - Kees Hovingh, MD, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Treatment of the high CV risk patients: Current global risk reduction considerations - Robert Chilton, MD, San Antonio, TX, USA
Managing CV Risk in Argentina: Call for action
- CV Risk guidelines for Argentina: What and how to follow? - Dr Gerardo Elikir, MD, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Open forum: Finding a consensus for CV risk management in Argentina
Participants to this Master Class are approximately 80 physicians from Argentina. The attendance is limited to ensure lively interaction and discussion.
The Brick Hotel Buenos Aires MGallery by Sofitel, Posadas 1232, 1011 Buenos Aires, Argentina
For registration use the link on this page. You registration is final once you received a confirmation
The master class is supported by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer