Inflammation & cardiovascular disease: Exploring new options for intervention
ESC Amsterdam, September 2, 2013
The symposium Inflammation & cardiovascular disease: Exploring new options for intervention was held at the congress of the European society of Cardiology (ESC) in Amsterdam on September 2, 2013. Videopresentations from the lectures by Peter Libby, Wolfgang Koenig and Peter Ridker are now available on this website.
- Review the current evidence supporting the inflammatory hypotheses of atherothrombosis
- Review the epidemiology of hsCRP in risk stratification in CV disease
- Discuss the rationale for lowering vascular events by inhibition of inflammation
- Discuss the mechanism of blocking the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-1β (IL-1β) with a monoclonal antihuman antibody
- Discuss the potential of current and future strategies targeting inflammation in cardiovascular disease
- Outline current ongoing clinical development programs aimed to address the inflammation hypothesis in cardiovascular disease
The information and data provided in this program were updated and correct at the time of the program development, but may be subject to change.