CV Risk Master Class MoscowOct. 18, 2014
This Master Class program was held on Friday, October 17, 2014 in Moscow, Russia as part of the global initiative of the Physicians’ Academy for Cardiovascular Education (PACE) foundation with a particular focus on issues and opportunities in cardiovascular risk and lipid management in high risk patients.
Educational objectivesThe overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Risk Master Class were:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Russia
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes.
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice.
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
FundingThe conference is sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer.
View actual recordings of lectures (separate passcode needed)
View & Download the teaching slides