CV Risk Master Class Panama
This Master Class program was held on Saturday, November 1, 2014 in Panama city, Panama as part of a global initiative of the Physicians’ Academy for Cardiovascular Education (PACE) foundation with a particular focus on issues and opportunities in cardiovascular risk and lipid management in high risk patients.
Educational objectivesThe overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Risk Master Class were:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Latin America
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes.
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice.
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
FundingThe conference is sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer.
View actual recordings of lectures (separate passcode needed)
CV Risk Master Class PanamaView the lectures held during the Cardiovascular Risk Master Class held on NOvember 1, 2014, in Panama
View & Download the teaching slides
Cardiovascular disease in Latin America: What are the issues and opportunities?Presentation prepared and held by Raul Santos, MD, Sao Paulo, Brazil
CV risk & guidelines: A novel early intervention strategy to prevent cardiovascular diseasePresentation prepared and held by prof. John E Deanfield
Latest insights from lipid trials: What are the lessons for clinical practice?Presentation prepared and held by dr Kees Hovingh, Amsterdam
The role of BP management in addressing CVD & stroke: Evolving therapeutic insightsPresentation prepared and held by prof. Kausik Ray, London
The diabetic patient and cardiovascular risk: Update on best strategies for preventionPresentation prepared and held by Prof Kausik Ray,London
Non alcoholic fatty liver disease and atherosclerosisPresentation prepared and held by Raul Santos, MD, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Evolving new therapies for the prevention of atherosclerosis: A glimpse of the near futurePresentation prepared and held by Dr Kees Hovingh, Amsterdam
The content is aimed for medical professionals. To view this item member registration is needed. Register for free to get unlimited access to our educational resources.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: