CV Risk Master Class PanamaNov. 3, 2014
This Master Class program was held on Saturday, November 1, 2014 in Panama city, Panama as part of a global initiative of the Physicians’ Academy for Cardiovascular Education (PACE) foundation with a particular focus on issues and opportunities in cardiovascular risk and lipid management in high risk patients.
Educational objectivesThe overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Risk Master Class were:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Latin America
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes.
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice.
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
FundingThe conference is sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer.
View actual recordings of lectures (separate passcode needed)
View & Download the teaching slides
The content is aimed for medical professionals. To view this item member registration is needed. Register for free to get unlimited access to our educational resources.