CV Risk Master Class LimaSep. 9, 2015
This CV Risk Master Class will be a dynamic interactive meeting with state of the art lectures, clinical debates, and practical workshops where participants will discuss challenging clinical cases with international and regional experts.
Participants will be part of an educational initiative that will provide support to clinicians in their daily clinical management of cardiovascular risk and diabetes. The program provides an optimal balance between updates in forefront science and clinical dialogue.
The overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Master Class are:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Latin America
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients.