Update on SGLT2 inhibition in T2DM: A closer look at EMPA-REG OUTCOMELecture - July 31, 2016 - Asian Interchange on Diabetes - David Fitchett, MD – University of Toronto, Canada
David Fitchett discusses the CV benefits of the EMPA-REG OUTCOME trial in detail, and considers the possible underlying mechanisms, and whether other patient populations may also benefit.
This lecture was recorded at the Asian Interchange on Diabetes meeting, held in Bangkok on July 30-31, 2016.
Video navigation menu
- A quick summary of the CV outcome results of EMPA-REG OUTCOME: too good to be true? 0:54
- Is the benefit seen with empagliflozin a class effect of SGLT2 inhibitors? 6:55
- What do we know about the potential mechanisms of benefit of empagliflozin? 10:55
- Is the benefit of empagliflozin in the EMPA-REG OUTCOME trial limited to patient subgroups? 18:14
- A closer look a the numerical increase in stroke with empagliflozin treatment 21:39
- Can the results be extrapolated to other patient populations? 24:30
- Comparing the results of the LEADER with the EMPA-REG OUTCOME trial 25:45