Blood pressure: How do recent trial outcomes impact our hypertension management?Lecture - Oct. 14, 2016 - Moscow, Russia - John E Deanfield, MD – University College London, London, United Kingdom - CVRMC 2016, Russia
Lecture held by John E Deanfield, MD – University College London, London, United Kingdom, during the CV Risk Master Class held on October 14-15, 2016 in Moscow, Russia
- review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Russia
- review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes
- understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of Russian Ministry of Health (Order # 82 from 18.02.2013) through the providership of Russian Cardiology Society and Russian CME Botkin Society is accredited by the the Coordination Council for Continuing Medical and Pharmaceutical to provide continuing medical education for physicians, granting 9 credits.
Prof John Deanfield is British Heart Foundation Vandervell Professor of Cardiology at University College Hospital, London, UK. He is also Consultant Cardiologist at the Heart Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
The conference was sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer Europe