Blood pressure: How do recent trial outcomes impact our hypertension management?
Lecture held by Neil Poulter, MD - Imperial College London, United Kingdom, during the CV Risk Master Class held on October 22, 2016 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
The overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Master Class were:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Indonesia
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
This Master Class was endorsed and accredited by the Indonesian Cardiology Association
Prof Neil Poulter, MD is Professor of Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine - Faculty of Medicine, National Heart & Lung Institute Imperial College London, United Kingdom
The CV Risk Master Class was funded by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer