Cardiovascular Disease: The ongoing journey to manage the riskLecture - Oct. 22, 2016 - Yogyakarta, Java - Indonesia - John E Deanfield MD, UCL, London, United Kingdom - CV Risk Master Class 2016 - Indonesia
Lecture held by Professor John E Deanfield MD, UCL, London, United Kingdom, during the CV Risk Master Class held on October 22, 2016 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
The overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Master Class were:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Indonesia
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
This Master Class was endorsed and accredited by the Indonesian Cardiology Association
The content is aimed for medical professionals. To view this item member registration is needed. Register for free to get unlimited access to our educational resources.