Lecture: Cardiovascular Disease: The ongoing journey to manage the riskJune 1, 2017 - CVRMC, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Prof. John E Deanfield, UCL, London, United Kingdom
This lecture was part of a Cardiovascular Risk Master Class 'CV Risk Management 2017: Applying the latest insights to clinical care' held on April 8, 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Master Class are:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Argentina.
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes.
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice.
- To develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients.
Prof. John E Deanfield is Professor of Cardiology, Director, National Centre for Cardiovascular Prevention and Outcomes - University College London – United Kingdom
The master class is supported by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer Inc