Lecture - Diabetes and heart disease: Changing trends and treatment optionsLecture - June 1, 2017 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Robert Chilton, MD – San Antonio, TX, USA - CV Risk Master Class
This lecture was part of a Cardiovascular Risk Master Class 'CV Risk Management 2017: Applying the latest insights to clinical care' held on April 8, 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Master Class are:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Argentina.
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes.
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice.
- To develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients
Robert J. Chilton DO, is Professor of Medicine and Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at the Audie Murphy VA/University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
The master class is supported by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer Inc