Lecture - Managing CV Risk in Argentina: How well are we doing and where can we improve?
This lecture was part of a Cardiovascular Risk Master Class 'CV Risk Management 2017: Applying the latest insights to clinical care' held on April 8, 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The overall educational objectives of the Cardiovascular Master Class are:
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Argentina.
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes.
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice.
- To develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients.
Dr. Alberto J. Lorenzatti is Head of Lipid Clinic & Cardiovascular Prevention, Cardiology Department - Hospital Córdoba -Cordoba, Argentina
The master class is supported by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer Inc