CV Risk Management 2017 Applying the latest insights to clinical care - Bangkok
CV Risk Master ClassAug. 19, 2017 - Bangkok, Thailand
This Master Class program is a global initiative of PACE-CME foundation with a particular focus on issues and opportunities in cardiovascular risk and lipid management in high risk patients.
This meeting is for doctors from Thailand only
A case base approach to advanced CV risk management
This CV Risk Master Class will be a dynamic interactive meeting with state of the art lectures, clinical debates, and practical workshops where participants will discuss challenging clinical cases with international and regional experts. Participants will be part of an educational initiative that will provide support to clinicians in their daily clinical management of cardiovascular risk. The program provides an optimal balance between updates in forefront science and clinical dialogue.
- To review the epidemiology and current guidelines on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients at increased CV risk in Thailand
- To review new data on the pathophysiology of coronary artery disease and stroke and its relevance to treatment strategies and outcomes
- To understand the medical need for intensive lipid and hypertension management in patients at high CV risk, such as DM and metabolic syndrome.
- To understand the pharmacologic and clinical rationale for various treatment options in the patients with increased CV risk and integrate scientific evidence from key clinical trials into clinical practice
- Develop a consensus on practical guidelines for day-to-day management of high risk patients.
Saturday, August 19, 2017 - Bangkok, Thailand
08:30 - 16:30 hrs
Cardiovascular Risk management: Identifying the issues and opportunities
- Cardiovascular Disease: The ongoing journey to manage the risk - John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- Managing CV Risk in Thailand: How well are we doing and where can we improve? - TBD, Thailand
- Case discussion 1 - Practical challenges in CV risk management: When to start intervening in CVD? - Narathip Chunhamaneewat, MD, Thailand
CVD: How will new scientific developments impact our clinical practice?
- Managing lipids: Integrating novel insights with gold standard therapies - John Chapman, PhD, Paris, France
- Blood pressure: How do recent trial outcomes impact our hypertension management? - Richard Hobbs, MD, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Diabetes and heart disease: Changing trends and treatment options - John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- Case discussion 2 - Practical challenges in CV risk management: Managing risk or risk factors? - Nuntakorn Thongtang, MD, Thailand
- How do novel insights in CV risk management translate to clinical practice?: Opportunities and challenges - Richard Hobbs, MD, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Innovations in lipid management: What is the way forward? - John Chapman, PhD, Paris, France
- Open forum: Finding a consensus for CV risk management in Thailand
Participants to this Master Class are approximately 100 physicians from Thailand. The attendance is limited to ensure lively interaction and discussion.
Centara Grand at Central World – 999 Rama I Rd, PathumWan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
For registration use the link on this page. You registration is final once you received a confirmation
The master class is supported by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Pfizer