Managing Diabetes & CVD: Is epigenetics a new way forward?Aug. 25, 2017 - Barcelona, Spain
Saturday, August 26, 2017
- Introduction -Lina Badimon, MD- Barcelona, Spain
- Managing high risk diabetes patient with cardiovascular disease: What works, and what else can we do? - Kausik Ray, MD - Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Promise of epigenetic modulation as a target in atherosclerotic patients - Erik Stroes, MD - Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Insights from the first trials in epigenetics in human: What is the way forward? - Stephen Nicholls, MD - Adelaide, Australia
The Educational objectives are to:
- To summarise the epidemiology and pathophysiology of patients at high cardiovascular risk with diabetes
- To understand the origin of the high residual cardiovascular risk in patients with diabetes, ACS
- To review how BET inhibition affects gene expression via epigenetic mechanisms, as a novel strategy to improve outcomes in CVD
- To update and review current clinical research programmes evaluating the role of epigenetic regulation of gene expression in CVD management.
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
In compliance with EBAC guidelines, all speakers/Chairpersons participating in this programme have disclosed or indicated potential conflicts of interest which might cause a bias in the presentations. The Organising Committee/Course Director is responsible for ensuring that all potential conflicts of interest relevant to the event are declared to the audience prior to the CME activities
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Resverlogix
Please pre-register if you wish to attend the symposium. All participants should be registered for the ESC 2017 congress via the ESC