Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Key answers adressedOnline-CME - This course consists of 3 separate lectures
This CME accredited course consists of 3 separate lectures and 1 mini review. View and complete all 4 items separately and earn 1 CME credit.
This course consists of 3 lectures and a mini-review by Prof Nazzareno Galiè, Bologna, Italy:
- Underlying pathophysiology, characteristics, clinical subgroups, prevalence and risk factors
- Diagnosis, classification of patients, prognosis
- Treatment options, follow-up of non-responsive patients, optimization of therapy
- Future perspectives on PAH
Educational objectives of this course are to:
- Learn about the physiology, physiopathology and pathology of PH/PAH and become familiar with clinical PH/PAH subgroups.
- Inform about known risk factors for PAH and clinical manifestations.
- Explain how to diagnose and treat patients with PAH and how to discriminate between patients with different severity of disease.
- Describe options for different approved therapeutics for PAH and their mechanism of action.
Professor Nazzareno Galiè, MD - Head of the Pulmonary Hypertension Centre at the Institute of Cardiology and Associate Professor of Cardiology at the Medical Faculty of the University of Bologna, Italy. He also teaches at the Postgraduate Medical Schools of Cardiology, Pulmonary Diseases, and Rheumatology at the University of Bologna. He is Director of the International Master Degree in Pulmonary Vascular Diseases of the University of Bologna
He is past-Chairman of the working group on pulmonary circulation of the European Society of Cardiology and of the joint task force of the European Society of Cardiology and the European Respiratory Society for the guidelines on pulmonary hypertension
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit
Supported by unrestricted educational grants from Pfizer.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll