Outcomes of GLP-1 RA in Diabetes & CVD: What are the key opportunities for cardiology practice?
EBAC accredited symposium held at ESC 2018Agenda - Aug. 27, 2018 - ESC 2018, Munich, Germany
If you are attending ESC congress 2018 in Munich, Germany, you are cordially invited to attend this symposium
Monday, August 27, 2018: 13:00 – 14:00 hrs
- Understand the relation between T2DM & Cardiovascular Disease
- Identify the needs for novel approaches targeting T2DM in cardiovascular prevention
- Explore results from recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT) in T2DM
- Discuss potential mechanisms and multifactorial effects of GLP-1 receptor agonists contributing to cardiovascular benefits
- Review results from recent GLP1 RA outcomes trials, such as LEADER on CV and microvascular outcomes.
- Discuss practical implications from recent CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CV risk and T2DM.
- Introduction, Thomas F. Lüscher, MD London, United Kingdom
- Diabetes & CVD: Time for a multifactorial approach, John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- GLP-1 receptor agonists: The cardiovascular benefits beyond glucose control, Filip K. Knop, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Translating GLP-1 trial outcomes to cardiology practice: Which patients will benefit?, Lars Ryden, MD, Stockholm Sweden/
- Panel discussion, Thomas F. Lüscher, MD - John E Deanfield, MD
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
Supported by unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk