Cardio Diabetes Master Class - Barcelona
Shifting gears in the management of diabetes and CVDAgenda - Feb. 22, 2019 - Barcelona, Spain
As a clinician with an interest in diabetes and cardiovascular disease you are cordially invited to participate in the Cardio Diabetes Master Class.
The program of this Master Class is designed to provide the participants with new information and perspectives on effective strategies to help patients with increased cardiovascular risk and diabetes to reach their treatment goals.
Date & Location
- February 22-23, 2019 - Friday 14:00 - 21:00 hrs, Saturday - 08:30 - 13:00 hrs
- Hotel AC Hotel Barcelona Forum, Barcelona, Spain
The educational objectives of the Cardio Diabetes Master Class are to:
- Explore mechanisms and common pathways underlying the development of cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- Review and exchange recent outcome data with novel antidiabetic medications in the management of T2DM and CVD.
- Discuss the most likely mechanisms by which novel drugs, such as GLP-1 RA exert their beneficial effects
- Provide an expert perspective on the role of GLP-1 RA nd implications of new outcome trials like LEADER and SUSTAIN-6 in the clinical management of T2DM and CVD
- Discuss current and future strategies for practical management and interventions to prevent cardiovascular events in patients with diabetes
The educational agenda will cover the following topics:
- What is the science driving CVD & T2DM and novel interventions
- What are the key mechanisms of CV benefit of novel diabetes drugs?
- Clinical trials in Diabetes & CVD: What did we learn?
- Novel diabetes drugs in clinical management: Extending the opportunities
- Translation of novel approaches in CVD & Diabetes to clinical practice
- Prof. John E. Deanfield, cardiologist - London & Prof. Lars Rydén, cardiologist - Stockholm
- Prof John E Deanfield, cardiologist - National Centre for Cardiovascular Prevention and Outcomes, University College London, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Lars Rydén, cardiologist - Karolinska University, Stockholm, Sweden
- Prof. Richard Hobbs, General Practitioner - Professor and Head of the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Dr. Eduard Montanya, endocrinologist - L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
- Prof. Filip Krag Knop, endocrinologist -Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Who should attend?
This educational program is designed for medical specialists (cardiologists, internal medicine and diabetologists) active in clinical management of patients with cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Why you should attend
- Receive state-of-the-art scientific reviews
- Acquire the latest expert opinions from an internationally renowned faculty
- Participate in cutting-edge clinical debates and workshops
What your registration includes:
- Participation in the scientific programme
- One night of hotel accommodation – single use in a standard room (or additional night - depending on flight schedule)
- Coffee breaks, lunch and dinner on Friday. Breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch on Saturday
- Roundtrip economy airfare (arrival on Friday morning, departure on Saturday after the meeting)
- Ground transfer from the airport to the meeting venue (V.V.)
Registration and participation
Physicians who do qualify for the criteria as described are cordially invited to register for participation. Participation is limited to 100 attendees to ensure lively interaction.
- Register - To register for participation and attendance of the Cardio Diabetes Master Class, please use the link below or the following link
- Registration - To process your registration, a certificate of your qualification (employer's statement) is obligated. Kindly send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your registration for the PACE Cardio Diabetes in Barcelona. If you do not send the certificate, your registration will not be processed.
- Participation agreement - When your registration has been confirmed by the PACE foundation, a participation agreement will be sent to you. Logistic arrangements will be made after receiving the participation agreement. Registration is final when confirmed by the PACE Foundation.
Not included in your registration and arranged and paid by HCP directly:
- (Travel) insurance
- Ground transfers from/to airport in local country.
An application for CME accreditation will be submitted to EBAC, the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology
Supervision of the scientific program is provided by the PACE board of Directors. The program and logistics in Barcelona are managed by MEDCON International on behalf of PACE-CME.
For more information please contact MEDCON International at: Tel + 31 23 5317 357 or e-mail, email@example.com.
This educational program is funded by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Novo Nordisk