Vascular calcification in kidney disease: Epigenetics as a novel approach?
CME accredited symposium to be held at ERA-EDTA 2019 in Budapest, HungaryAgenda - June 15, 2019 - ERA-EDTA 2019, Budapest, Hungary
If you are attending the ERA-EDTA congress 2019 in Budapest, you are cordially invited to attend this symposium
Saturday, June 15, 2019: 13:15 – 14:45 hrs
- To summarise the epidemiology and pathophysiology of patients at high cardiovascular risk with CKD
- To understand the origin of the high residual cardiovascular risk in patients with diabetes and kidney disease
- To review how BET inhibition affects gene expression via epigenetic mechanisms, as a novel strategy to improve outcomes in CVD and CKD
- To update and review current clinical research programmes evaluating the role of epigenetic regulation of gene expression in prevention and management of CKD & CVD
- The role of ALP as predictor of cardiovascular events and vascular calcification in CKD
- Epigenetic mechanisms targeting ALP: A pathway for prevention?
- Targeting residual cardiovascular risk & vascular calcification: The clinical perspective for BET inhibition
- Panel discussion, All faculty
The programme is submitted for accreditation to the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC)
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant received from Resverlogix