Impact of novel guidelines: Transforming diabetes management in cardiology
CME accredited symposium to be held at ESC 2019 in Paris, FranceAgenda - Sep. 3, 2019 - ESC Paris, France
If you are attending ESC 2019 in Paris, France, you are cordially invited to attend this CME accredited Expert on the Spot
Tuesday, September 3, 2019: 13:00 – 13:45 hrs
- Understand the relation between T2DM & Cardiovascular Disease
- Discuss practical implications from recent guidelines and CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CV risk and T2DM.
- Introduction, John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- ESC 2019 guidelines on Diabetes, Pre-diabetes & Cardiovascular Diseases in a nutshell, Francesco Cosentino, MD, Stockholm, Sweden
- The diabetes challenge for cardiologists, Filip K. Knop, MD, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Are the new ‘diabetes’ medicine really cardiology drugs?, John E Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom, Nikolaus Marx, MD, Aachen, Germany
- Challenge the experts: Panel & audience discussion, all faculty
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by an unrestricted educational grant received from Novo Nordisk A/S