Reducing cardiovascular risk in diabetes: The next preventive challenge
CME accredited symposium to be held at ESC Preventive Cardiology 2020 As virtual sessionAgenda - Jan. 1, 1970 - ESC Preventive Cardiology, Malaga, Spain
Stay tuned, our CME accredited symposium
Available in July 2020 online
- Understand the relation between T2DM & Cardiovascular Disease
- Identify the needs for novel approaches targeting T2DM in cardiovascular prevention
- Explore results from recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT) in T2DM
- Discuss potential mechanisms and multifactorial effects of GLP-1 receptor agonist contributing to cardiovascular benefits
- Review results from recent GLP1 ra outcomes trials on CV and microvascular outcomes.
- Discuss practical implications from recent CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CV risk and T2DM.
- Introduction: Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
- Novel insights into preventive mechanisms of new antidiabetic medication
- New ESC Guidelines on diabetes and cardiovascular diseases: Implications for prevention
- Panel discussion
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by an unrestricted educational grant received from Novo Nordisk A/S