Cardiorenal cross-talk in diabetes: The preventive challenge in DKD for GLP-1 ra
CME accredited symposium to be held at ERA EDTA 2020 in Milan, ItalyAgenda - June 8, 2020 - ERA EDTA Milan, Italy
If you are attending ERA EDTA 2020 in Milan, Italy, you are cordially invited to attend this CME accredited Symposium
Monday, June 8, 2020: 09:30 – 10:45 hrs
- Understand the relation between T2DM, Cardiovascular Disease & CKD
- Explore results from recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT) in T2DM
- Discuss potential mechanisms and multifactorial effects of GLP-1 receptor agonists contributing to cardiovascular benefits in patients with CKD
- Review results from recent and upcoming GLP-1 RA outcomes trials on CV and microvascular outcomes and progression of CKD.
- Discuss practical implications from recent CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CKD and T2DM
- Introduction, Ulf Landmesser, MD, Berlin, Germany
- The cardiorenal cross-talk in CKD: What is the challenge, Erik Stroes, MD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Diabetes and CKD: Is it all about managing glucose?, Melanie Davies, MD, Leicester, United Kingdom
- Targeting renal outcomes in DKD: Can GLP-1 ra provide renal protection?, Johannes Mann, MD, Munich, Germany
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by an unrestricted educational grant received from Novo Nordisk A/S