Cardiorenal cross-talk in diabetes: The preventive challenge in DKD for GLP-1 RA
CME accredited symposium to be held at the ERA EDTA virtual congress 2020Agenda - June 8, 2020 - Online - Virtual
If you are attending the ERA EDTA virtual congress 2020, you are cordially invited to attend this CME accredited Symposium
Monday, June 8, 2020: 09:45 – 10:45 hrs, Blue 1-2
- Understand the relation between T2DM, Cardiovascular Disease & CKD
- Explore results from recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT) in T2DM
- Discuss potential mechanisms and multifactorial effects of GLP-1 receptor agonists contributing to cardiovascular benefits in patients with CKD
- Review results from recent and upcoming GLP-1 RA outcomes trials on CV and microvascular outcomes and progression of CKD.
- Discuss practical implications from recent CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CKD and T2DM
- Introduction, John Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- The cardiorenal cross-talk in CKD: What is the challenge, John Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- DKD & cardiovascular risk: What is the potential for targeting GLP-1?, Erik Stroes, MD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Diabetes and CKD: Is it all about managing glucose?, Melanie Davies, MD, Leicester, United Kingdom
- Targeting renal outcomes in DKD: Can GLP-1 RA provide renal protection?, Johannes Mann, MD, Munich, Germany
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by an unrestricted educational grant received from Novo Nordisk A/S