Expanding focus for cardiologists: The diabetic patient and cardiovascular outcomes
EBAC accredited educational session to be held during ESC Congress 2020 - The Digital ExperienceAgenda - Aug. 31, 2020
If you are attending the ESC Congress 2020 - The Digital Experience, you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited educational session.
Monday, August 31, 2020: 18:30 – 19:30 hrs CEST
- Understand the relation between T2DM & Cardiovascular Disease
- Identify the needs for novel approaches targeting T2DM in cardiovascular prevention
- Explore results from recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT) in T2DM
- Discuss potential mechanisms and multifactorial effects of GLP-1 receptor agonists contributing to cardiovascular benefits
- Discuss practical implications from recent CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CV risk and T2DM.
- Introduction,Ulf Landmesser, MD, Berlin, Germany
- The cardiology challenge to manage diabetes in cardiovascular risk reduction, Nikolaus Marx, MD, Aachen, Germany
- Cardiovascular outcomes & atherosclerosis: How do GLP-1 RA provide benefits?, Jorge Plutzky, MD, Boston, USA
- Changing paradigm in prediabetes and CVD: Potential for new concepts and new tools, John Deanfield, MD, London, United Kingdom
- Discussion, All faculty
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by unrestricted educational grant provided by Novo Nordisk A/S