Novel opportunities tackling residual cardiovascular risk: The evolving role of triglycerides
EBAC accredited educational session to be held during ESC congress 2020 - The Digital ExperienceAgenda - Aug. 30, 2020
If you are attending ESC congress 2020 - The Digital Experience, you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited educational session.
Sunday, August 30, 2020: 18:30 – 19:30 hrs CEST
- To understand the clinical need for novel therapeutic approaches in the management of residual cardiovascular risk
- To understand the role of triglycerides as risk factor in patients receiving appropriate treatment with statins
- To explore the potential mechanisms by which TG lowering agents exerts their beneficial effects
- To review the clinical evidence provided by recent trials targeting triglycerides
- To develop practical guidance for future management of patients at increased cv risk and elevated triglyceride levels
- Introduction, Peter Libby, MD, Boston, USA
- The residual risk challenge in CVD: How important are triglycerides?, Ulf Landmesser, MD, Berlin, Germany
- Non-LDL in CV risk management & guidelines: What are the opportunities?, Kausik Ray, MD, London, United Kingdom
- Lessons from REDUCE-IT: How will the results impact practice?, Deepak Bhatt, MD, Boston, USA
- Discussion, All faculty
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by an unrestricted educational grant received from Amarin