Lp(a), a new lipid frontier in CV risk management & target for therapy
EBAC accredited educational session to be held during ESC congress 2020 - The Digital ExperienceAgenda - Aug. 29, 2020
If you are attending ESC congress 2020 - The Digital Experience, you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited educational session.
Saturday, August 29, 2020: 12:45 – 13:45 hrs CEST
- Review the pathophysiology of Lp(a) and the rationale for prevention of cardiovascular risk.
- Discuss laboratory procedures and challenges in determining Lp(a) levels and the rationale behind thresholds
- Examine clinical trial data and mechanisms of action of emerging therapeutics to reduce Lp(a).
- Apply emerging science into individualized treatment strategies to optimally manage Lp(a) and improve cardiovascular outcomes.
- Introduction,Erik Stroes MD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Lp(a) as target in cardiovascular prevention: Why worry and how to assess?, Pia Kamstrup, MD, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Novel strategies to lower Lp(a):What are the emerging insights & therapies?, Sam Tsimikas, MD, San Diego, CA, USA
- ASCVD risk reduction for patients with high Lp(a) in 2020: is there a role for PCSK9 inhibition?, Vera Bittner, MD, Birmingham, AL, USA
- Discussion, All faculty
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by unrestricted educational grants provided by Novartis & Sanofi