Cardiorenal cross-talk in diabetes: The preventive challenge in DKD for GLP-1RA
In this educational program the effect of GLP-1RAs in patients with DKD is discussed in three parts.
This course consists of the following:
- DKD and CV risk: What is the potential for targeting GLP-1?? - Prof. Erik Stroes, MD - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Diabetes and CKD: is it all about managing glucose? - Prof. Melanie Davies, MD - Leicester, UK
- Targeting kidney outcomes in DKD: Can GLP-1RA provide kidney protection? - Prof. Johannes Mann, MD - Munich, Germany
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Explain how CV risk is increased in DKD patients
- Describe mechanisms of CV benefit by GLP-1RAs
- Discuss the interrelationship between T2DM, CKD and CV (including HF)
- Recall what is stated in the ADA-EASD Consensus Report update of 2019
- Describe effects of GLP-1RAs on kidney outcomes
- Reproduce design and outcomes of GLP-1RAs outcome trials
- Erik Stroes, MD - Professor of Vascular Medicine, Amsterdam University Medical Centers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Melanie Davies, MD - Professor of Diabetes Medicine at the University of Leicester, UK.
- Johannes Mann, MD, Prof at the Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Erlangen-Neurenberg, and KfH Kidney Center, Munich, Germany
This educational activity is designed for cardiologists in secondary care and other healthcare professionals with an interest in treating CKD patients.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll