Novel potassium binders to improve management of chronic HF
Video navigation menu
- Potassium binders for the treatment of hyperkalemia 03:16
- Importance of long-term compliance when using potassium binders 05:49
- Studies that looked at potassium binders as therapeutic enablers 07:27
- Efficacy of potassium binders in specific subgroups 09:25
- Safety and tolerability profiles of patiromer and sodium zirconium cyclosilicate 10:24
- Recommendations on the management of potassium disturbances 11:31
This lecture by Javed Butler, MD was part of the EBAC-accredited symposium "Changing the outlook for a chronic heart failure patient: Optimising RAASi treatment through long-term potassium control" held during the virtual ESC Congress 2020.
Javed Butler, MD is professor and chairman of the Department of Medicine at the University of Mississippi, Jackson, MS, USA.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Vifor.