GLP-1RA in DKD: A new preventive challenge
CME accredited educational session to be held during the ERA-EDTA congress 2021 Fully Virtual
If you are attending ERA-EDTA congress 2021 - Fully Virtual, you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited educational session.
Monday, June 7, 2021: 09:45 – 10:45 hrs CEST
- Understand the relation between T2DM, Cardiovascular Disease & CKD
- Explore results from recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT) in T2DM
- Discuss potential mechanisms and multifactorial effects of GLP-1RA contributing to cardiovascular benefits in patients with CKD
- Review results from recent and upcoming GLP-1RA outcomes trials on CV and microvascular outcomes and progression of CKD
- Discuss practical implications from recent CVOTs on treatment and prevention strategies in patients with CKD and T2DM
- Introduction: A patient with type 2 Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease Johannes Mann, MD - Munich, Germany
- What are the preventive challenges for a nephrologist? Ofri Mosenzon, MD - Hadassah, Israel
- How can GLP-1RA benefit a patient with diabetes and CKD? Daniel van Raalte, MD - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Where do GLP-1RA fit in in current and future management? Frederik Persson, MD - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Defining a strategy for prevention of T2DM & CKD - All faculty
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by unrestricted educational grant provided by Novo Nordisk A/S