Lp(a): from CV risk marker to therapeutic target
EBAC accredited symposium at ESC Congress 2021 - The Digital Experience
f you are attending ESC Congress 2021 - The Digital Experience, you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited symposium.
Saturday August 28, 2021: 09:00 – 09:30 hrs
- Review the pathophysiology of Lp(a) and the rationale for prevention of cardiovascular risk
- Discuss laboratory procedures and challenges in determining Lp(a) levels and the rationale behind thresholds
- Examine clinical trial data and mechanisms of action of emerging therapeutics to reduce Lp(a)
- Apply emerging science into individualized treatment strategies to optimally manage Lp(a) and improve cardiovascular outcomes
- Why focus on Lp(a) in cardiology?, Prof. Naveed Sattar, MD, PhD - Glasgow, UK
- Understanding the increased cardiovascular risk of high Lp(a) levels, Prof. Florian Kronenberg, MD, PhD - Innsbruck, Austria
- Lp(a) as therapeutic target: Now and in the future, Prof. Erik Stroes, MD, PhD - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Q&A chat live during symposium
Click here to view the symposium.
Type: Industry session - Satellite symposium
Channel: Channel 1 - Advances in Science
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by unrestricted educational grants provided by Novartis and Sanofi.