Teaming up to tackle cardiorenal risk in diabetes Role of SGLT2i: How to overcome clinical inertia
EBAC Accredited Clinical Dialogue to be held during Virtual EASD 2021
If you are attending Virtual EASD 2021, you are cordially invited to attend this EBAC accredited Clinical Dialogue.
Tuesday, September 28, 2021: 17:40 – 18:10 hrs
- To summarise the epidemiology and pathophysiology of patients with diabetes, CVD and CKD
- To discuss the role of SGLT2 inhibitors, in a risk-based intervention strategy that targets glucose control and cardiorenal risk
- To address the remaining questions on the role of SGLT2 inhibition in the management of patients with diabetes and cardiorenal complications
- To provide an expert perspective on the clinical management of patients with type 2 diabetes, CKD and CVD
- The case challenge - Teaming up to tackle cardiorenal risk in diabetes, Melanie Davies, MD - Leicester, UK
- Defining treatment goals: SGLT2i, implications from clinical trials and guidelines, Nikolaus Marx, MD - Aachen, Germany
- Practical Challenges: SGLT2i in the spectrum of diabetes, CVD & CKD: Who and how to manage?, Melanie Davies, MD - Leicester, UK
- Discussion - How to overcome clinical inertia?
Click here to view the symposium.
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is funded by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly Alliance.