E-learning Redefining intensive LDL-c management in high CV risk patients – The case for combination therapy
This educational program consists of three presentations on LDL-c management in patients with high CV risk.
This course consists of the following:
- Changing the paradigm on LDL-c lowering in high CV risk patients - Prof. Kausik Ray, MD – London, UK
- Combination therapy with PCSK9 mAbs in post-MI patients - Derek Connolly, MD, PhD – Birmingham, UK
- Extending therapeutic options for LDL-c lowering - Prof. Christie Ballantyne, MD – Houston, TX, USA
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the situation in clinical practice with regard to achievement of LDL-c target goals
- Recall the new paradigm for LDL-c lowering in high-risk patients
- Discuss outcomes of studies with PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies
- Explain the mechanism of action and activation of bempedoic acid
- Reproduce the dosing interval of inclisiran
- Prof. Kausik Ray, MD – London, UK
- Derek Connolly, MD, PhD – Birmingham, UK
- Prof. Christie Ballantyne, MD – Houston, TX, USA
This educational activity is designed for cardiologists, internists in secondary care and other healthcare professionals with an interest in management of patients with high CV risk.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by unrestricted educational grants from Amgen, Sanofi, Novartis and Daiichi Sankyo.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: