E-learning Lp(a): from CV risk marker to therapeutic target
This educational program consists of three presentations on Lp(a), from CV risk marker to therapeutic target.
This course consists of the following:
- Why focus on Lp(a)? - Prof. Naveed Sattar, MD, PhD - Glasgow, UK
- Understanding the increased cardiovascular risk of high Lp (a) levels - Prof. Florian Kronenberg, MD, PhD – Innsbruck, Austria
- Lp(a) as therapeutic target - Now and in the future - Prof. Erik Stroes, MD, PhD – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
How to obtain your CME certificate
- Watch the three 3 lectures, and answer the pre- and post-test questions
- Fill in the evaluation questions
- Download CME Certificate (if your score >70%)
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of elevated Lp(a) levels and identify the main factor contributing to high Lp(a) levels
- Recall details on the relationship between Lp(a) levels and risk for myocardial infarction
- State when Lp(a) should be measured
- Describe the effects of lipid-lowering treatments on Lp(a) levels
- Identify what potential therapies for Lp(a) lowering are currently under investigation
- Prof. Naveed Sattar, MD, PhD - Glasgow, UK
- Prof. Florian Kronenberg, MD, PhD - Innsbruck, Austria
- Prof. Erik Stroes, MD, PhD – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This educational activity is designed for cardiologists in secondary care and other healthcare professionals with an interest in management of patients with residual CV risk.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by unrestricted educational grants from Sanofi and Novartis.
For questions regarding this activity, please contact us at email@example.com.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll