E-learning Tackling residual risk beyond LDL-c therapy: The emerging role of EPA & triglycerides
This educational program consists of three presentations on triglycerides, EPA-based therapies and CV outcomes.
This course consists of the following:
- Unravelling the triglyceride story - Prof. Peter Libby, MD – Boston, MA, USA
- What is the evidence of EPA-based therapy for CV prevention? - Prof. Lale Tokgözoğlu, MD - Ankara, Turkey
- Integrating EPA-based therapy in the management of residual CV risk - Prof. Ph. Gabriel Steg, MD – Paris, France
How to obtain your CME certificate
- Watch the three 3 lectures, and answer the pre- and post-test questions
- Fill in the evaluation questions
- Download CME Certificate (if your score >70%)
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the relationship between triglycerides/triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and outcomes
- Recall the role of lipoprotein lipase in the metabolism of lipoproteins
- Discuss effects of EPA and DHA in experimental studies
- Memorize findings of the REDUCE-IT trial
- Describe recommendations for EPA-based therapies in the guidelines
- Prof. Peter Libby, MD – Boston, MA, USA
- Prof. Lale Tokgözoğlu, MD - Ankara, Turkey
- Prof. Ph. Gabriel Steg, MD – Paris, France
This educational activity is designed for cardiologists in secondary care and other healthcare professionals with an interest in management of patients with residual CV risk.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Amarin.
For questions regarding this activity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll