E-learning Inflammation: The next therapeutic frontier in targeting cardiovascular risk
This educational program consists of four presentations on the role of inflammation in atherosclerosis and (future) anti-inflammatory therapies for treatment of high CVD risk.
This course consists of the following:
- Immunity and inflammation in atherosclerosis – no longer just a theory - Prof Peter Libby, MD – Boston, MA, USA
- 3 Challenges when targeting inflammation in residual CV risk - Prof. Filippo Crea, MD – Rome Italy
- Inflammation and anti-inflammatory therapy in CVD - Prof. Thomas Lüscher, MD – London, UK and Zürich, Switzerland
- IL-6 as therapeutic target in inflammation and CVD - Prof. Paul Ridker, MD – Boston, MA, USA
How to obtain your CME certificate
- Watch the three 3 lectures and answer the pre- and post-test questions
- Fill in the evaluation questions
- Download CME Certificate (if your score >70%)
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Explain how the IL-1 – IL-6 pathway can contribute to increased risk of thrombosis
- Describe how patients susceptible to anti-inflammatory therapy may be identified
- Discuss findings from large outcome trials with anti-inflammatory therapies
- Define the design of the ongoing ZEUS trial
- Prof Peter Libby, MD – Boston, MA, USA
- Prof. Filippo Crea, MD – Rome Italy
- Prof. Thomas Lüscher, MD – London, UK and Zürich, Switzerland
- Prof. Paul Ridker, MD – Boston, MA, USA
This educational activity is designed for all healthcare professionals with an interest in residual CV risk.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk.
For questions regarding this activity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll