Lp(a): from causality to therapy
EBAC-accredited symposium at ESC Congress 2022
If you are attending ESC Congress 2022 live or online, you are invited to attend this EBAC-accredited symposium.
Sunday, August 28, 2022: 10:15 – 11:00 hrs CEST | Room Paris
- Review the pathophysiology of Lp(a) and the rationale for prevention of cardiovascular risk
- Discuss laboratory procedures and challenges in determining Lp(a) levels and the rationale for thresholds
- Examine clinical trial data and mechanisms of action of emerging therapeutics to reduce Lp(a)
- Translate emerging science into individualized treatment strategies to optimally manage Lp(a) and improve cardiovascular outcomes
- Targeting Lp(a) in CV risk reduction: where are we now? - Pia Rørbæk Kamstrup, MD, PhD - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Lp(a) as independent causal risk factor: why should we focus on testing? Florian Kronenberg, MD, PhD - Innsbruck, Austria
- Targeting Lp(a): therapeutic insights and novel developments - Erik Stroes, MD, PhD - Amsterdam, The Netherland
- Discussion All faculty
For more information, please visit the ESC website.
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is supported by unrestricted educational grants from NewAmsterdam Pharma, Novartis, Sanofi & Roche Diagnostics