E-learning Preventing CKD in patients with diabetes - Exploring the current and future role of GLP-1RA
This educational program consists of three presentations on the current and future role of GLP-1RA in patients with T2DM and CKD.
This course consists of the following:
- New insights and guidelines for the management of CKD and diabetes - Prof. Johannes Mann - Munich, Germany
- What is relevant for nephrology with regard to GLP-1RA in CVD? - Prof. Filip Knop, MD, PhD – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Which patients with CKD and diabetes will benefit from management with GLP-1RA? - Prof. Katherine Tuttle, MD – Spokane, WA, USA
How to obtain your CME certificate
- Watch the three lectures and answer the pre- and post-test questions
- Fill in the evaluation questions
- Download CME Certificate (if your score >70%)
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Recall the KDIGO treatment algorithm for patients with T2DM and CKD
- Discuss kidney outcomes in trials with GLP-1RA
- Describe potential mechanisms that explain the benefit observed with GLP-1RA
- Reproduce the aim of ongoing GLP-1RA trials
- Describe how implementation of novel therapies for T2DM and CKD can be improved
- Prof. Johannes Mann, MD – Munich, Germany
- Prof. Filip Knop, MD, PhD – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Prof. Katherine Tuttle, MD – Spokane, WA, USA
This educational activity is designed for all healthcare professionals with an interest in management of patients with T2DM and CKD.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk A/S.
For questions regarding this activity, please contact us at email@example.com.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll