E-learning Lp(a): from causality to therapy
This educational program consists of three presentations on Lp(a).
This course consists of the following:
- Targeting Lp(a) in CV risk reduction: where are we now? - Pia Kamstrup, MD, PhD – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Lp(a) as independent causal risk factor: why should we focus on testing? - Prof. Florian Kronenberg, MD, PhD – Innsbruck, Austria
- Targeting Lp(a): therapeutic insights and novel developments - Prof. Erik Stroes, MD, PhD - Amsterdam, the Netherlands
How to obtain your CME certificate
- Watch the three lectures and answer the pre- and post-test questions
- Fill in the evaluation questions
- Download CME Certificate (if your score >70%)
After watching these three videos, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the components of Lp(a)
- Recall the CV diseases for which the risk is increased with higher Lp(a) levels
- Explain why it is important to measure the Lp(a) level
- Describe what the problem is with most of the current Lp(a) assays in measuring the Lp(a) concentration in serum or plasma
- Name emerging therapeutic options to lower Lp(a) levels
- Pia Kamstrup, MD, PhD – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Prof. Florian Kronenberg, MD, PhD – Innsbruck, Austria
- Prof. Erik Stroes, MD, PhD - Amsterdam, the Netherlands
This educational activity is designed for all healthcare professionals with an interest in management of patients with elevated CV risk.
This online course is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit.
Through an agreement between EBAC and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website. Other health care professionals may obtain from the AMA a certificate of having participated in an activity eligible for conversion of credit to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Funding for this educational program was provided by unrestricted educational grants from NewAmsterdam Pharma, Novartis, Sanofi and Roche Diagnostics.
For questions regarding this activity, please contact us at email@example.com.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: