New paradigms in the prevention of ASCVD: The role of EPA and triglycerides
EBAC- accredited symposium during ESC Preventive Cardiiology 2023, Malaga, Spain
If you are attending ESC Preventive Cardiology 2023, you are invited to attend this EBAC-accredited symposium.
Thursday, April 13, 2023: 16:35 – 17:20 hrs|Conference Room 1
- Understand the key findings of large-scale omega-3 fatty acid clinical trials and how this information relates to reducing ASCVD events in clinical practice
- Apply recent clinical trial evidence of EPA on a case-by-case basis for patients with established CVD who are on statins and at risk of recurrent CV events
- Identify barriers to the implementation of effective, long-term management for the prevention of ASCVD
- Introduction: Frank Visseren, MD, PhD – Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Reassessing the role of triglyceride-related residual risk based on recent evidence - Richard Hobbs, MD – Oxford, United Kingdom
- The benefits of icosapent ethyl in addressing residual risk: What is the evidence? - Lale Tokgözoğlu, MD, Ankara, Turkey
- Integrating icosapent ethyl in preventive strategies:Practical guidance - Victor Aboyans, MD, PhD - Limoges, France
- Discussion - all faculty
For more information, please visit the ESC website.
This programme is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation of Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credit(s). Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) and EBAC have recognized each other’s accreditation systems as substantially equivalent.
This symposium is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Amarin.
Share this page with your colleagues and friends: