Physicians' Academy for Cardiovascular Education
The rationale for establishing the PACE foundation, the Physicians’ Academy for Cardiovascular Education foundation comes from the recognition that physician education plays an increasingly important role in our efforts to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. This has never been more critical than in today’s information age, where the science of medicine and innovation progress at such a rapid PACE that the practicing physician simply cannot keep up. Yet, important scientific and clinical discoveries are rapidly reshaping therapeutic approaches to many common diseases, particularly in cardiovascular medicine.
The goal of PACE is to help physicians assimilate the proven findings of scientific research into the day-to-day practice of clinical medicine, all in the interest of improving outcomes in patients.
To improve the cardiovascular health of patients by providing a forum for the review, exchange, and assimilation of new scientific findings underlying cardiovascular disease and accelerating the translation of this information into clinical practice patterns.
PACE: Educational programmes
PACE offers programmes in a variety of educational settings which all continue the time-honoured tradition of physician-to-physician education, supported by a web-based education platform.
On this website an overview is provided of educational news, relevant publications, teaching resources such as expert opinions and slide lecture presentations derived from the different educational programmes conducted under auspices of the PACE foundation.
PACE Educational Board
Board members of the PACE foundation are:
- Prof John E. Deanfield – University College London, United Kingdom
- Prof John J.P. Kastelein – Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. D. John Betteridge – University College London, United Kingdom
The educational board represents a wealth of experience and expertise in both science and medical educational covering the broad spectrum of cardiology, vascular disease, kidney disease and diabetes.
World leading experts are participating as advisors, chairmen & faculty in the different educational programmes under auspices of the PACE Foundation:
- Prof. Jane Armitage, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Prof. Sir George Alberti, United Kingdom
- Prof. Pierre Amarenco, Paris, France
- Prof. Rachel Batterham, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Philip Barter, Sydney, Australia
- Prof. Sir Roger Boyle, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Bryan Brewer, Washington, USA
- Prof. Juliana Chan, Hong Kong
- Prof. John Chapman, Paris, France
- Prof. Bernard Charbonnel, Nantes, France
- Dr. Robert Chilton, San Antonio, USA
- Prof. Robin Choudhury, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Prof. Alberto Corsini, Milan, Italy
- Prof. Phillipe Crea, Rome, Italy
- Prof. John Cunningham, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Phillipe Halban, Geneva, Switzerland
- Prof. Richard Hobbs, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Prof. Ingar Holme, Norway
- Dr. Kees Hovingh, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Sverre Kjeldsen, Oslo, Norway
- Prof. Ulf Landmesser, Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. Thomas Luscher, Zurich, Switzerland
- Dr. Peter Meredith, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Prof. Ronald Ma, Hong Kong
- Prof. Tom McDonalds, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Prof. Ian McInnes, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Prof. Chris Packard, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Prof. Henrik Parving, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Prof. Neil Poulter, London, United Kingdom
- Prof David Quek, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Prof. Ton Rabelink, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Prof. Kausik Ray, London, United Kingdom
- Dr. Emilio Ros, Barcelona, Spain
- Prof. Luis Ruilope, Madrid, Spain
- Prof. Guntram Schernthaner , Vienna, Austria
- Prof. Andrew Selwyn, Boston, USA
- Prof. Peter Sever, London, United Kingdom
- Prof. Henrik Sillesen, Kopenhagen, Denmark
- Prof. Ulf Smith, Gotenburg, Sweden
- Prof. Eberhard Standl, Munich, Germany
- Prof. Erik Stroes, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Peter Tong, Hong Kong
- Prof. Frank Visseren, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Prof. David Waters, San Francisco, USA
- Prof. Bryan Williams, London, United Kingdom
The information that we make available through this website is intended for physicians and other healthcare professionals. While we hope you find our site helpful, you should remember that it is not meant to serve as a substitute for your own clinical judgment as a healthcare professional. We do not provide medical advice. If you are a consumer who chooses to use the professional-level information available to you through this site, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, consumers should always consult their physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel. We each follow standard sets of editorial procedures for information that we each make available through this site. However, we don't offer you any warranty or guarantee related to the services that we provide. We specifically disclaim any warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. It's your job to evaluate the information and results from services we provide. If you are a healthcare professional, you should exercise your professional judgment in evaluating any information, and we encourage you to confirm the information made available or otherwise obtained through the services with other sources before undertaking any treatment based on such information. If you are a consumer, you should evaluate the information together with your physician or another qualified healthcare professional.
Educational tools & resources
Our website include educational tools and resources intended for use by healthcare professionals. These tools do not give professional advice or recommend particular products. Physicians and other healthcare professionals who use these tools or resources should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information they provide. Consumers who use the tools or databases do so at their own risk. Individuals with any type of medical condition are specifically cautioned to seek professional medical advice before beginning any sort of health treatment. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, users should always consult their physician or other qualified healthcare professional.
This website is managed by Medcon International. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.