Emerging therapeutic areas in lipid management and CV diseaseMar. 16, 2017 - VBWG - ACC 2017 - Sotirios Tsimikas - La Jolla, CA, USA
- Genetically determined Lp(a) levels largely determine CV risk from birth onwards 0:15
- Therapeutic approaches to lower Lp(a) levels 0:53
- ApoC3 slows the clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins 3:00
- ApoC3-antisense therapeutic approaches 3:27
- Advances of inhibiting ATP citric lyase, an enzyme important for synthesis of both fatty acid and cholesterol 4:23
This video was recorded after the Vascular Biology Working Group Meeting at ACC 2017, in Washington, DC, USA.
PACE-cme did not receive financial support for the production of this video.
Faculty & Disclosures
Sotirios “Sam” Tsimikas - Professor of Medicine, Director of Vascular Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, UCSD Cardiology La Jolla, Perlman, CA, USA