Emerging therapeutic areas in lipid management and CV disease3' education - Mar. 16, 2017 - VBWG - ACC 2017 - Sotirios Tsimikas - La Jolla, CA, USA
VBWG ACC 2017 Sotirios Tsimikas summarises the rationale of innovative therapeutic approaches targeting Lp(a), ApoC3 or ATP citric lyase and in what stage of clinical testing they currently are.
Video navigation menu
- Genetically determined Lp(a) levels largely determine CV risk from birth onwards 0:15
- Therapeutic approaches to lower Lp(a) levels 0:53
- ApoC3 slows the clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins 3:00
- ApoC3-antisense therapeutic approaches 3:27
- Advances of inhibiting ATP citric lyase, an enzyme important for synthesis of both fatty acid and cholesterol 4:23
This video was recorded after the Vascular Biology Working Group Meeting at ACC 2017, in Washington, DC, USA.
PACE-cme did not receive financial support for the production of this video.
Sotirios “Sam” Tsimikas - Professor of Medicine, Director of Vascular Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, UCSD Cardiology La Jolla, Perlman, CA, USA