Integrating anti-PCSK9 therapy into primary and secondary prevention of CVD
Several lipid-lowering treatments have been shown to exert CV benefits. Prof. Deepak Bhatt discusses how to integrate PCSK9 inhibitors into these therapies for primary and secondary CV prevention.
Video navigation menu
- Impact of risk factors on CV events 01:16
- Role of PCSK9 inhibition in primary & secondary prevention 03:15
- New diabetes drugs with CV benefits 04:48
- Bariatric surgery vs intensive medical therapy for diabetes 05:48
- Effect of antithrombotic medication on CV events 07:38
- How to integrate PCSK9 inhibition into current therapy? 12:28
This video was recorded on October 26, 2017 in Boston and is a shortened version of the presentation prof. Bhatt gave there during the educational program 'Advances in Lipid Management and Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: New Horizons for 2018'
Dr. Deepak L. Bhatt is the executive director of Interventional Cardiovascular Programs at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). He is also a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS) and editor-in-chief of the Harvard Heart Letter. Dr. Bhatt specializes in cardiovascular medicine and interventional cardiology.
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme. PACE-cme did not receive financial support for the production of this recording.