What is the science driving CVD and T2DM?
Expert Meeting on CVD & T2DM
Video navigation menu
- Is diabetes truly a state of enhanced CV risk? 0:43
- What is the impact of glucose-lowering in current diabetes management? 2:45
- Side-effects of treatment may have offset the benefits of better glycemic control in the past 3:43
- Which mechanisms, beyond glucose lowering, may contribute to the achieved CV risk reduction 6:10
- Preventing weight gain and reducing obesity should be part of T2DM management 8:02
- Concluding remarks 9:03
This video was recorded during a two-day expert meeting among cardiologists and endocrinologists/internists, focussing on the topic of 'Exploring the role of GLP-1 RA in the management of CVD & T2DM'. This video reflects the discussion in the first of five sessions.
- Prof. Wouter Jukema - cardiologist, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Prof. Stephan Jacob - endocrinologist, Praxis für Prävention und Therapie, Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
- Prof. Ulf Landmesser - cardiologist, Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk. The sponsor did not attend and influence the meeting or the video recording.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll