What are the key mechanisms of CV benefit of novel diabetes drugs?
Expert Meeting on CVD & T2DM
Video navigation menu
- What are the mechanisms underlying the CV benefits observed with GLP-1 receptor agonists? 0:40
- Based on the CV outcomes trials with GLP-1 RAs, it is not clear yet whether there is a class effect 3:38
- SGLT2 inhibitors: which mechanisms can explain the CV benefit ? 4:03
- It is important to consider the types of patients included in trials when interpreting the results 6:13
- The trial design affects what kind of data and insights can be obtained from it 8:38
- The unexpected results with novel antidiabetic drugs raise questions on the pathophysiology of T2DM that deserve further study 9:13
This video was recorded during a two-day expert meeting among cardiologists and endocrinologists/internists, focussing on the topic of 'Exploring the role of GLP-1 RA in the management of CVD & T2DM'. This video reflects the discussion in the second of 5 sessions.
Prof. Lina Badimon - cardiologist, Hospital Santa Creu and San Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Prof. Jochen Seufert - endocrinologist, Universitätsklinikum, Freiburg, Germany
Prof. Naveed Sattar -endocrinologist, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk. The sponsor did not attend and influence the meeting or the video recording.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll