Clinical trials in diabetes and CVD: What did we learn?
Expert Meeting on CVD & T2DM10' education - Mar. 22, 2018 - Filippo Crea, Angelyn Bethel, Eduard Montanya - Online CME
Filippo Crea, Angelyn Bethel and Eduard Montanya discuss the safety and efficacy results of recent trials evaluating GLP-1 RAs and SGLT2 inhibitors, and whether the observed effects represent a class effect or not.
Video navigation menu
- What do the trial results tell us about CV safety and side-effects of GLP-1 RAs? 0:56
- CV safety and side-effects of SGLT2 inhibitors 2:42
- Efficacy results vary among the trials with the different GLP1 RA agents 4:47
- The observed efficacy results with SGLT2 inhibitors may reflect a class effect 6:48
- GLP-1 RAs and SGLT2 inhibitors seem to positively affect progression of CKD 8:16
- The novel antidiabetic drugs mark a new era in the treatment of T2DM: what does the future look like? 10:00
This video was recorded during a two-day expert meeting among cardiologists and endocrinologists/internists, focussing on the topic of 'Exploring the role of GLP-1 RA in the management of CVD & T2DM'. This video reflects the discussion in the third of five sessions.
Prof. Filippo Crea -cardiologist, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Prof. Angelyn Bethel - endocrinologist, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Prof. Eduard Montanya - endocrinologist, University of Barcelona, Spain
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk. The sponsor did not attend and influence the meeting or the video recording.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll