Novel diabetes drugs in clinical management: Extending the opportunities
Expert Meeting on CVD & T2DM10' education - June 5, 2018 - Stefano Taddei, Cees Tack, Massimo Volpe
Video navigation menu
- Can GLP-1RAs and SGLT2 inhibitors be combined and why would we consider it? 01:05
- Which data are available to determine when to combine the two drug classes? 02:32
- The combination of these agents can improve glycemic control in certain patient groups 03:37
- Which safety issues and side-effects can be expected? 04:49
- Can these antidiabetic agents be given to non-diabetic CVD patients: the available evidence 06:14
- Which type of patient might specifically benefit from GLP-1 RAs? 10:36
This video was recorded during a two-day expert meeting among cardiologists and endocrinologists/internists, focussing on the topic of 'Exploring the role of GLP-1 RA in the management of CVD & T2DM'. This video reflects the discussion in the fourth of five sessions.
- Prof. Stefano Taddei, internist/cardiovascular, University of Pisa, Italy
- Prof. Cees Tack, internist/endocrinologist, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Prof. Massimo Volpe, cardiologist, Sapienza University, Rome Italy
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk. The sponsor did not attend and influence the meeting or the video recording.