Novel diabetes drugs in clinical management: Extending the opportunities
Expert Meeting on CVD & T2DM
Video navigation menu
- Can GLP-1RAs and SGLT2 inhibitors be combined and why would we consider it? 01:05
- Which data are available to determine when to combine the two drug classes? 02:32
- The combination of these agents can improve glycemic control in certain patient groups 03:37
- Which safety issues and side-effects can be expected? 04:49
- Can these antidiabetic agents be given to non-diabetic CVD patients: the available evidence 06:14
- Which type of patient might specifically benefit from GLP-1 RAs? 10:36
This video was recorded during a two-day expert meeting among cardiologists and endocrinologists/internists, focussing on the topic of 'Exploring the role of GLP-1 RA in the management of CVD & T2DM'. This video reflects the discussion in the fourth of five sessions.
- Prof. Stefano Taddei, internist/cardiovascular, University of Pisa, Italy
- Prof. Cees Tack, internist/endocrinologist, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Prof. Massimo Volpe, cardiologist, Sapienza University, Rome Italy
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk. The sponsor did not attend and influence the meeting or the video recording.
This is available as accredited online CME for members. Click the button below to enroll:Enroll