Translation of novel approaches in CVD & diabetes to clinical practice
Expert Meeting on CVD & T2DM10' education - Mar. 22, 2018 - John Deanfield, Francesco Cosentino, Filip Knop
Video navigation menu
- How can we implement the insights obtained in the outcome trials with novel antidiabetic drug trials? 0:44
- If cardiologists should become more involved in treatment of T2DM: which barriers may need to be overcome? 2:22
- Weight loss: an additional benefit of treatment with GLP-1 RAs 5:23
- The anti-atherosclerotic effect of GLP-1 RAs is promising in light of reducing the need for CV interventions 6:11
- Cardiologists, diabetologists, endocrinologists and primary care physicians should collaborate more to manage CV risk in T2DM patients 9:01
This video was recorded during a two-day expert meeting among cardiologists and endocrinologists/internists, focussing on the topic of 'Exploring the role of GLP-1 RA in the management of CVD & T2DM'. This video reflects the discussion in the last of five sessions.
Prof. John E Deanfield, cardiologist, University College London, London, UK
Prof. Francesco Cosentino, cardiologist, Karolinska Institutet, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Prof. Filip Knop, endocrinologist, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for the Expert Meeting was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novo Nordisk. The sponsor did not attend and influence the meeting or the video recording.