Atrial fibrillation & HFpEF: Novel device and therapeutic approaches
Dr. Kotecha explains how the pathophysiologies of HFpEF and atrial fibrillation are interconnected, and what this means for management of patients with both conditions.
Video navigation menu
- Epidemiology of heart failure, atrial fibrillation, and the combination of both conditions 0:28
- The underlying mechanisms of HF and AF are highly interconnected 3:42
- The type of HF affects outcomes in AF 5:18
- Assessment of cardiac fucntion in AF plus HF, and AF detection in HF 6:43
- Combined diagnosis of patients with both AF and HF 9:45
- Current and future treatment options in patients with HFpEF and AF 10:36
This lecture by Dr Dipak Kotecha was part of a CME accredited symposium: Novel concepts and treatments of comorbidities in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction held at ESC Heart Failure 2018 in Vienna.
Dr. Dipak kotecha is a Clinician Scientist in Cardiovascular Medicine across the clinical sites attached to the University of Birmingham. He is also an Honorary Research Fellow at the Monash Centre of Cardiovascular Research & Education in Therapeutics, Monash University, Melbourne. Kotecha was recently awarded a prestigious National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Fellowship. This funding will allow him to expand his internationally-recognised research on patients with heart failure and atrial fibrillation. Among other projects, Dipak is also the lead for the Beta-blockers in Heart Failure Collaborative Group.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-CME. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-CME.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novartis and NovoNordisk.