Atrial fibrillation & HFpEF: Novel device and therapeutic approaches10' education - May 27, 2018 - ESC Heart Failure 2018, Vienna - Dipak Kotecha, MD Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Birmingham, UK - Online CME
Dr. Kotecha explains how the pathophysiologies of HFpEF and atrial fibrillation are interconnected, and what this means for management of patients with both conditions.
Video navigation menu
- Epidemiology of heart failure, atrial fibrillation, and the combination of both conditions 0:28
- The underlying mechanisms of HF and AF are highly interconnected 3:42
- The type of HF affects outcomes in AF 5:18
- Assessment of cardiac fucntion in AF plus HF, and AF detection in HF 6:43
- Combined diagnosis of patients with both AF and HF 9:45
- Current and future treatment options in patients with HFpEF and AF 10:36
This lecture by Dr Dipak Kotecha was part of a CME accredited symposium: Novel concepts and treatments of comorbidities in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction held at ESC Heart Failure 2018 in Vienna.
Dr. Dipak kotecha is a Clinician Scientist in Cardiovascular Medicine across the clinical sites attached to the University of Birmingham. He is also an Honorary Research Fellow at the Monash Centre of Cardiovascular Research & Education in Therapeutics, Monash University, Melbourne. Kotecha was recently awarded a prestigious National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Fellowship. This funding will allow him to expand his internationally-recognised research on patients with heart failure and atrial fibrillation. Among other projects, Dipak is also the lead for the Beta-blockers in Heart Failure Collaborative Group.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-CME. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-CME.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Novartis and NovoNordisk.