Current management of heart failure and T2DM10' education - May 28, 2018 - ESC HF 2018 - Vienna, Austria - Prof. Martin Cowie - Imperial College London, UK
Video navigation menu
- Diabetes is very common among HF patients and it worsens prognosis 0:21
- Guidelines state little about what to do with patients with both HF and diabetes 1:27
- Treatment options to treat T2DM in HF patients - metformin and novel agents 2:40
- An updated position of the ESC on management of patients with HF and T2DM 5:58
- With little extra effort, cardiologists can manage T2DM well 7:24
This lecture by prof Martin Cowie was part of a CME accredited symposium: Contemporary management of a patient with Heart Failure and diabetes: Implications from recent trials?' held at ESC Heart Failure 2018 in Vienna, Austria.
Martin Cowie is Professor of Cardiology at Imperial College, London, UK and Honorary Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal Brompton Hospital, London, where he leads the research in heart failure and electrophysiology.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-CME. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-CME.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Boehringer Ingelheim &Lilly