PCSK9 as target for treatment: The genetic validation10' education - Aug. 25, 2018 - ESC 2018 - Munich, Germany - Prof. Brian Ference, MD - Cambridge, United Kingdom
Prof. Ference shows that PCSK9 inhibition has biologically and therapeutically equivalent effects on the risk of CVD as observed with statins.
Video navigation menu
- PCSK9: mechanism of action and CHD risk reduction 01:30
- Mendelian randomization PCSK9 and statin trials 03:24
- Comparison of statin CTT and PCSK9 inhibitor trials 06:29
- PCSK9 inhibitors and statins compared by duration of treatment 07:59
- Statins and PCSK9 inhibitors: Effect size by year of treatment 08:48
This lecture by prof. Brian Ference was part of a CME accredited symposium: "PCSK9 inhibition: Science, outcomes and guidance" held at ESC 2018 in Munich, Germany.
Prof. Brian Ference, MD - Cambridge, UK
This recording was independently developed under auspices of PACE-cme. The views expressed in this recording are those of the individual presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Amgen and Sanofi-Regeneron.