Understanding epigenetics: The potential rationale for BET inhibition in management of CVD
Prof. Jorge Plutzky explains BET inhibition as a novel therapeutic strategy for controlling pathologic cardiovascular responses.
Video navigation menu
- Concept of coordinated programs in cardiometabolic states 00:23
- Complex regulation through transcription factors 02:31
- Another level of regulation through epigenetics 05:27
- The role of BETs in transformation of cell states 09:09
- Direct and indirect effects of BET inhibition on atherosclerosis 14:44
This lecture was part of a CME accredited symposium: "LDL-c: Done Deal, Next Epigenetics?" during ESC 2018 in Munich, Germany.
Jorge Plutzky, M.D. is Director, Preventive Cardiology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), and is on the faculty of Harvard Medical School
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-CME. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-CME.
Funding for this educational program was provided by an unrestricted educational grant from Resverlogix.