HFpEF: What is it & size of the problem
HFpEF: The essentials to know
This video is part of an educational series of 4 lectures focussed on The Essentials to know about HFpEF. In this module Prof. Adriaan Voors provides a general overview on the history, epidemiology and prognosis of HFpEF
Video navigation menu
- Change in terminology of heart failure 02:07
- Prevalence of HFpEF 04:22
- Characteristics and comorbidities associated with HFpEF 05:26
- Prognosis of HFpEF 08:11
This educational video is the first part of a series called "HFpEF: The essentials to know" that are aimed to give cardiologists and other health care professionals involved in the management of heart failure a well-balanced expert view on the current state of the art about the disease.
This recording was developed under auspices of PACE-cme. Views expressed in the recording are those of the presenter and do not necessarily reflect the views of PACE-cme.
Other topics covered in this series
Other lectures part of this educational series are:
- What is HFpEF & How do we make the diagnosis? - Prof. Barry Borlaug, MD, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- What are the most likely pathophysiological mechanisms involved in HFpEF? - Prof. Carolyn S.P. Lam, MD, National Heart Centre Singapore
- Current and future clinical approaches to manage HFpEF - Prof. Burkert Pieske, MD, Charité University Medicine and German Heart Center, Berlin, Germany
Adriaan Voors, MD, is Professor of Cardiology at the University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands. He is specialized in heart failure. Currently, Professor Voors is Director of the Heart Failure Clinic and the Outpatient Clinic of the Department of Cardiology of the University Medical Center Groningen.
This course is applied for online CME accreditation at EBAC (European Board for Accreitation in Cardiology). Once accredited the CME programme will be available in our CME section
This educational series is funded by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Novartis.